The free-to-visit 5th Annual Mountsorrel REVIVAL will be held on Sunday 12th August 2018 from 11:00 to 16:30.
We are currently in the process of booking attractions for this year. The fully confirmed list won’t be available until about the end of July but we are constantly updating it as we go:
- Inclusion of the brilliant new £3.9 million Memorial Centre
- Soap Box racing. Find out more and enter a team
- Have-a-go-Archery run by the Soar Valley Archers
- Our street parade along the closed old-A6 through the older part of the village
- Slot Car racing run by Quorn Slot Car Club
- Music Stage for local talent in the old Butter Market
- New Climbing Wall outside the Soar Valley Leisure Centre
- Rothley Gospel Choir
- La Bella – a professional Ukulele band
- Fun activities for children including Roundabouts, Trampolines, Giant slide and a Bouncy Castle etc
- Animals for Parties will be here to take photographs of you with their range of exotic animals
- New Art and Crafts focused area in the Memorial Centre
- Further road closures to make the event safer – see here for details
- New Arena on the playing field incorporating a number of events and displays
- Fun Run for all ages (run in conjunction with the Mountsorrel Junior Football Club) along the closed main road. Find out more about the Fun Run
- Dance Group performances by the Jessica MIchelle Dance School in the new Arena
- Have-a go-Boats on the River hosted by the Waterside Canoe Club
- Puppet show run by the Baptist Church
- Chainsaw sculptor
- Burlesque Girls in the parade and onstage in the WMC afterwards
- Sports activities run by SVLC and Charnwood Borough Council
- Calligraphy demonstrations in the Memorial Centre
- Creation of the Mountsorrel Tapestry by children up to 12 years old. Come along and add your memory of the REVIVAL
- DJ Woody will be playing his music in the WMC
- Wild Things are back with their range of animals for you to look at and hold
- The launch of a the Mountsorrel Heritage Group’s book called: Mountsorrel in the Great War at the Parish rooms
- Dog Show on the village green run by Paws Grooming Salon
- A vintage Steam Engine
- Fancy Dress on the green (for all ages) – you can also join the parade. Find out more about the Fancy Dress competition.
- Have-a-go bell ringing at St Peters Church
- Giant sized Peppa Pig, Spider Man, Hello Kitty, Sponge Bob Square Pants and more in the Parade
- Tribal Drummers in the Parade and around the event afterwards
- New Village Competitions including Photography, Baking, and Best Vegetable – why not have a go – Find out more about the new competitions.
- The ever popular Syston Scout and Guides Band performing in the Parade and on the Green and in the new Arena too.
- Classic Car show near the Waterside Inn – just turn up on the day to take part
- And of course more than 70 stalls selling everything from food to arts and crafts; from clothing to retro stuff and more.
If you’ve not been before check our REVIVAL Video below to find out what to expect when you come along. 🙂
If you have any suggestions about anything else we could include please click here to email us.