The free-to-visit 5th Annual Mountsorrel REVIVAL will be held on Sunday 12th August 2018 from 11:00 to 16:30.
We are currently in the process of booking attractions for this year. A fully confirmed list will be available by the end of March but we are currently working on the following:
- Soap Box racing
- Our street parade along the closed old-A6 through the older part of the village
- A giant Scalextric track
- A Music Stage for local talent in the old Butter Market
- A Gospel Choir
- A new Arena on the playing field incorporating events like Tug-of-war
- A Fun Run for all ages along the closed main road
- Have-a go-Boats on the River
- Inclusion of the brilliant new £3.9 million Memorial Centre
- A Mountsorrel Heritage Group presentation
- Dog Show
- A vintage Steam Engine
- Morris Dancers
- Fancy Dress (for all ages)
- A have-a-go bell ringing at the Church
- Giant sized Peppa Pig, Spider Man, Hello Kitty and Sponge Bob Square Pants in the Parade
- A (new) Community Competition for all ages (details soon but possibly including photography, baking, creative stuff for the kids and ugliest vegetable competitions)
- The ever popular Syston Scout and Guides Band performing in the Parade and on the Green and in the new Arena too.
- A steel band (new for this year if we can get one)
- A Classic Car show
- And of course about 70 or so stalls selling everything from food to clothing to retro stuff and more.
If you’ve not been before check our REVIVAL Video to find out what to expect when you come along. 🙂
If you have any ideas about anything else we could include please click here to email us.